Upcoming Training Opportunities
Current Job Opportunities
THERAPIST POSITIONS, SPEECH PATHOLOGIST AND OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST-TAMWORTH NSW
Work Type: Part time/Full time (negotiable)
Location: Tamworth NSW
House with No Steps (HWNS) is a leading provider of quality community services to people with disabilities and/or mental health needs, throughout NSW, VIC, QLD & ACT. We are committed to innovation, continuous improvement and building strong relationships. HWNS works to person centred values.
HWNS are seeking an Occupational Therapist and a Speech Pathologist to work as part of a multidisciplinary team within the context of our Early Childhood Intervention Horizon Service (0-6 yr) and Enhanced Supports service (7yr +).
Therapists will report to the Manager Early Childhood Intervention, providing support to adults, children with a disability or developmental delay and their families under current funding models including the NDIS across the New England and North West region of NSW. Additionally, support may be provided to other customers of HWNS where needed and as such, travel to other regions of HWNS may be expected on an “as needs” irregular, basis.
Essential elements to success in this role is the demonstrated capacity to:
- Work from Tamworth as a base location, and a willingness to travel to provide services within the region.
- Work in a multi or transdisciplinary model with a range of allied health professionals and educators to provide a holistic and integrated approach to supports and learning for children 0 – 6 years (ECI) and children and adults (7yrs – adult).
- Provide clinical advice and guidance to individuals, families and the multidisciplinary team.
- Complete assessments of children’s and adult’s abilities and functioning as required.
- Contribute to the development of Individual or Family Service Plans and Individual Education Plans in conjunction with the family and the Key Worker
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with government and non-government service providers for ongoing support.
- Work collaboratively with other specialist roles in the HWNS SECI and Enhanced Supports service.
- Hold a recognised degree/diploma in Occupational Therapy or Speech Pathology, with current registration to practice in NSW with AHPRA or SPA membership.
- Experience in working with adults and/or children with a disability or developmental delay, and their families.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, deliver and evaluate occupational therapy/speech pathology programs using an evidence based practice approach.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with Key Workers in complex case management and contribute to the development of Family Service Plans and Individual Education Plans in conjunction with the family and the Key Worker.
- Demonstrated ability to provide support which reflects the Disability Services Standards, Child Protection and other relevant legislative requirements and to report any potential breaches to HWNS management.
- Willingness to actively promote HWNS Vision, Mission, Values and Strategy in everyday work and in the community.
- Demonstrated ability to implement Work Health & Safety guidelines and instructions.
- Possess a high level of cultural awareness and experience working with families from diverse backgrounds, particularly Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Well-developed communication, problem solving and interpersonal skill, including proficiency in using Microsoft Office suite and CIMS or similar.
- High level time management and case load management skills
- An ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
- Current driver’s license and a willingness to drive
- Working with Children Check and Police Check clearance
- Current 1st Aid Certificate
What we offer:
- Secure employment in a well-respected and expanding organisation
- Support to complete ongoing professional development
- Career development opportunities
- Access to regular clinical supervision
- Salary packaging options, including fully maintained motor vehicle for full time roles.
How to apply
Please apply via our website www.hwns.com.au and include a covering letteraddressing the above essential elements, criteria for the respective position and a current resume outlining your relevant experience and qualifications.
Please quote Job Reference Number NOROT0918 in your application
Applications close: 23 September 2018
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Therapist
Shortlisted applications will be required to undergo pre-employment and criminal history checks.
Further enquiries please contact:
Name: Donna Betts
Phone: 02 6766 3587
House with No Steps is an Equal Opportunity Employer and promotes a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value the unique contributions of all people. Including; people with disability, young and mature age candidates, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and applicants from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Only Australian citizens, permanent residents or those with working rights in Australia are eligible to apply.
Successful applications will be subjected to Pre-Employment and Criminal History Checks.